How to check differences between two Code Lists
Revision as of 14:03, 16 March 2012 by StuartFH
You can check differences between two Code Lists as follows:
- First find one of the Code Lists that you wish to compare. The Code List page is displayed.
- Select the Differences tab:
- Usually you will want to compare a Code List with one of its immediate predecessors or successors (ie other members of its Lineage). This is the default for the top drop down list (Current Lineage). If you wish to compare your Code List with one in another Lineage you can choose from all other Lineages to which you have access.
- The second drop down list allows you to choose the required version from the selected Lineage. (Note in the example above that the Code List name has been changed during its life but this has not broken the Lineage.)
- Press the Run Difference Report button. The differences are calculated (this may take some time) and reported as an XML document that can be saved on your local workstation. The XML schema for that document is [here].
- At present there is no spreadsheet option for presenting differences in a more readable fashion. This might be added as a future Feature Request if there is sufficient demand.