How to edit a Code List
To edit a code list using the website editor follow the instructions below:
- You need:
- Find the draft Code List that you wish to edit. A draft version may already exist, or you may need to create one first.
- The example above shows a simple List, which has a single Level. Other sorts of Code List are described here.
- You can either edit the Code List's template or its contents (ie its Codes and Meanings) as described below:
- Select the Level whose contents you wish to edit by clicking on either the Level Number (i.e. #1, #2 etc) or Name. The contents of the level will be displayed.
- Click on Edit. The contents of the selected level can now be edited.
- to create a new Code List Element - enter details in the blank fields and click on Insert
- to delete a Code List Element - click on
- to amend a Code List Element - click on .
- If you enter a date in the past in the Eff To column...
- You can make editing of large Code Lists easier by using filters
- A log of changes made to the draft can be viewed by pressing the 'Review' button.
- To confirm updates click on Save Changes. To cancel them click on Cancel Changes
- If changes have been saved, you will now be able to Validate the Code List.
- If Validation is unsuccessful, a list of Validation Errors is displayed
- If Validation is successful a message is displayed
- Validation must be successful before a Code List can be Published.