How to edit a downloaded Context
You can edit a downloaded Context as follows:
- You need to have downloaded a Context as either an XML Spreadsheet or straight XML.
- If you wish to edit a Context downloaded as XML continue here
- The spreadsheet format for Context downloads comprises:
- A Context Summary page (first worksheet) where the name and administrative details of the Context are shown:
- A Data Type Index page (second worksheet) where the EDT Template rules appear:
- A series of further worksheets, one for each EDT in the Context (e.g. cl_CountryCode) showing the set of constrained values within that EDT:
- The fields with a green background are labels. If you alter the contents or positions of these fields you may break the upload mechanism.
- The fields with a grey background are read-only fields. You can alter the contents of these fields but they will be ignored if you subsequently upload the Context Map to the server.
- You can change the values of any fields with a normal background and these values will then be accepted if you upload the Context spreadsheet to the server.
- When you save your edited Context spreadsheet you MUST keep it as an XML Spreadsheet. Native Excel spreadsheets cannot be read by the uploader.
- NB If you make changes to any of the constrained values on the EDT pages they will be ignored on upload. The EDT pages are calculated from the contents of the underlying Code Lists that the EDTs point to. If you need different CVs you need to change the Code Lists. Logically, all the CVs should be shown with a grey background as they are read-only but this would reduce the readability of these pages.