How to make a copy of another Code List
An existing Code List (e.g. a 'vanilla' Code List for a national application) can be copied for local customization as described below.
When you make a copy of another Code List, the new code list is created with a relationship of 'Based on' the original list. Whereas when you create a new version the new code list is created with a relationship of 'Supersedes' the original list.
- To make a copy of another Code List you need:
- to be logged in;
- to have the Code List Creator role.
- Find the Code List of which you wish to take a copy. (You may not make a copy of a Draft Code List.)
- Click on Make a Copy.
- Give the copy a suitable name of your choice. The name of the new Code List must be different from that being copied from, and the new Code List name and version number must not already exist.
- Select suitable Owner and Steward Teams and Publication Policy.
- Click on Insert