How to publish a Code List
- You need:
- Find the draft Code List that you wish to publish.
- Before publishing you may want to update the Reason For Change field by updating the Code List's Admin details
- You may also wish to review the Publication Policy of the Code List to ensure that it is accessible to the right users once published.
- Click on Publish
- The Code List will be automatically validated first, and if this is not successful an error messge is displayed, and it will not be published.
- If you receive an error message stating that you cannot publish because you were the last person to make a change you will need to find someone else in the relevant Steward Team either to make a final change or to do the publish on your behalf. This is known as 'Four Eyes Approval' and is an Information Assurance requirement to ensure the integrity of CLMS data.
- If Publication is successful:
- - the status of the Code List will change from Draft () to Latest()
- - the Publication Date (displayed on the Admin Details tab) will be updated.
- - the previous version of the Code List will change from Latest to Superseded ()
- On publication an alert message is sent to all registered CLMS users who have an interest in the Code List.