How to upload a Code List
You can upload a Code List as follows:
- You need:
- You are recommended:
- Find the draft Code List for which you wish to upload changes
- Select the Upload tab:
- Press the Browse... button. A Choose File dialog box is displayed:
- Browse to the location of the file you wish to upload. Note that the file must be of exactly the right structure or the upload will fail with a 'schema validation' error. The two structures required are what you get when you download either as XML or Spreadsheet. An upload file will only be treated as a spreadsheet if it has been saved as an XML spreadsheet and has the .xls file extension.
- Press the Open button. The Upload tab is redisplayed with your chosen filename in the Upload file name field.
- Press the Upload button. While your file is being uploaded to the website you will see the following:
- When it finishes uploading the structure will be checked and, if all is well, the Upload Options panel will be displayed for each Level in the Code List:
- The top row shows any Code List values in your file that do not match existing ones already present on the server. You can choose either to 'Append' these new values to those already in the existing Code List or 'Ignore' them.
- The middle row shows those Code List values that match with ones already present. You can choose to 'Replace' the values in the existing Code List with the ones in your file, 'Append' the values in your file to the Code List values that already exist, or 'Ignore' the Code List values in your file and keep the ones already present on the server.
- The bottom row shows those Code List values that are present on the server but not in your file. You can choose to 'Delete' the existing server Code List values or 'Retain' the existing Code List values.
- If you accept the default options the effect will be to make the existing draft Code List on the server match what you have uploaded. By changing options you can change just selected parts of the existing draft Code List.
- Press the Continue button. Your chosen options determine how your uploaded file is merged with the Code List on the server.
- If you receive an error message instead of seeing the Upload Options panel continue here.