How to upload a Context
You can upload a Context as follows:
- You need:
- You are recommended:
- Find the draft Context for which you wish to upload changes
- Select the Upload tab:
- Press the Browse... button. A Choose File dialog box is displayed:
- Browse to the location of the file you wish to upload. Note that the file must be of exactly the right structure or the upload will fail with a 'schema validation' error. The structure required is what you get when you download either as XML or XML spreadsheet.
- Press the Open button. The Upload tab is redisplayed with your chosen filename in the Upload file name field.
- Press the Upload button. While your file is being uploaded to the website you will see the following:
- When it finishes uploading the structure will be checked and, if all is well, the EDTs of the uploaded file are compared with those already present in the Context on the server and the Upload Options panel will be displayed:
- The top row shows any EDTs in your file that do not match existing ones already present on the server. You can choose either to 'Append' these new EDTs to those already in the existing Context (the default) or 'Ignore' them.
- The middle row shows those EDTs that match with ones already present. You can choose to 'Replace' them with the ones in your file or 'Ignore' the EDTs in your file and keep the ones already present on the server.
- The bottom row shows those EDTs that are present on the server but not in your file. You can choose to 'Delete' the existing server EDTs or 'Retain' them.
- If you accept the default options the effect will be to make the existing Context on the server match what you have uploaded. By changing options you can change just selected parts of the existing Context.
- Press the Continue button. Your chosen options determine how your uploaded file is merged with the Context on the server.
- As your options are applied you will see:
- If you receive an error message instead of seeing the Upload Options panel continue here.
- NB If you make any changes to the ConstrainedValues (Codes and Meanings) in any of your EDTs they will be ignored on upload. EDTs are calculated from the contents of the underlying Code Lists. If you want to affect the set of Codes and Meanings you need to edit the Code List that the EDT points to.