How to use filters when editing a Code List
Revision as of 12:03, 8 March 2012 by StuartFH
You can use filters to make Code List editing easier as follows:
- In the Code List editor (on the Level Page) the filter fields appear above the various columns:
- If you click in the third field (above Meaning) and enter, say, 'against' the list of Meanings will be filtered to show just those that contain 'against':
- Above the filter fields further controls appear allowing you to specify how the filter is to be applied (Starts With, Ends With, Contains, Equals)
- This allows you to focus on just a few Code List Elements before moving onto another area.
- The filtering can be removed by pressing the Clear Filter button
- The filter is applied one second after making the last change so if you entered say 'detected' in the Meaning filter field and then wait one second it will be applied and the Code List Elements are restricted to just those where the Meaning contains 'detected' without the filter being applied for each keystroke.