How to validate a Code List
After editing a draft Code List, it must be successfully Validated before it can be Published.
- You need to be logged in. You also need to be a member of the Code List's Steward Team, and have the Code List Editor role.
- Find the draft Code List that you wish to validate. The Code List page page is displayed.
- Select the Template tab
- Select any Level by clicking on either the Level Number (i.e. #1, #2 etc) or Name. The Level Page is displayed.
- Select the Contents tab and then click on Edit followed by Validate.
- If Validation is unsuccessful, a list of Validation Errors is displayed.
- Corrections can then be made to the contents, or to the templates, and the code list validated again. NB Changes to templates can (at present) only be done in Workbench.
- Once Validation is successful the Code List can be published.